from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Excessively high regard for one's own importance or station; conceit.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An exaggerated estimate of one's own importance or merit, especially as manifested by the conduct or manners; self-conceit.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An exaggerated estimate of one's own importance or merit, esp. as manifested by the conduct or manners; self-conceit.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The feeling or the manner of one who too much obtrudes his sense of his own importance; egotism; pomposity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an inflated feeling of pride in your superiority to others
- n. an exaggerated opinion of your own importance
self- + importance (Wiktionary)