from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality of being positive; positivity
- n. The result of being positive
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being positive; reality; actualness; certainty; confidence; peremptoriness; dogmatism. See positive, a.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being positive; actualness; reality of existence; not mere negation; undoubting assurance; full confidence; peremptoriness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a quality or state characterized by certainty or acceptance or affirmation and dogmatic assertiveness
- n. an amount greater than zero
- n. the character of the positive electric pole
- n. the quality of being undeniable and not worth arguing about
- n. the quality of being encouraging or promising of a successful outcome
From positive + -ness (Wiktionary)