from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The property or degree of being distinct.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being distinct; a separation or difference that prevents confusion of parts or things.
- n. Nice discrimination; hence, clearness; precision.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality or state of being distinct, in any sense of that word.
- n. Synonyms Distinctness, Distinction (see distinction), plainness, perspicuity, explicitness, lucidity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the state of being several and distinct
- n. the quality of being sharp and clear
- n. the quality of being not alike; being distinct or different from that otherwise experienced or known
Sorry, no etymologies found.