from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality of smoothness of flow
- n. The quality of being fluent in a language; A person's command of a particular language.
- n. The quality of consistently applying skill correctly in the manner of one well-practiced at it, requiring little deliberate thought to perform without mistakes
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality of being fluent; smoothness; readiness of utterance; volubility.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality of being fluent.
- n. Readiness and smoothness of utterance; volubility.
- n. Affluence; abundance.
- n. Synonyms Glibness, facility, readiness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. skillfulness in speaking or writing
- n. powerful and effective language
- n. the quality of being facile in speech and writing
From Latin fluentia, cognate French fluence. (Wiktionary)