from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A plentiful supply of material goods; wealth.
- n. A great quantity; an abundance.
- n. A flowing to or toward a point; afflux.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An abundant flow or supply.
- n. An abundance of wealth.
- n. A moderate level of wealth.
- n. An influx.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A flowing to or towards; a concourse; an influx.
- n. An abundant supply, as of thought, words, feelings, etc.; profusion; also, abundance of property; wealth.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A flowing to; a concourse; afflux.
- n. Figuratively, an abundant supply, as of thoughts, words, etc.; a profusion, as of riches; hence, abundance of material goods; wealth.
- n. Synonyms Wealth, Riches, etc. (see opulence); exuberance, profusion, overflow; fortune, prosperity, ample means. See list under abundance.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. abundant wealth
From Old French affluence, from Latin affluentia (Wiktionary)