from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of flow.
- n. The action of the verb to flow
- adj. Tending to flow.
- adj. Moving, proceeding or shaped smoothly, gracefully, or continuously.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. That flows or for flowing (in various sense of the verb); gliding along smoothly; copious.
- a. & n. from flow, v. i. & t.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of that which flows; a flux.
- n. Rising, as of a river; overflowing; flood.
- Moving, as a fluid; running; gliding.
- Fluent; smooth, as style; smoothly undulating, as a line; evenly continuous.
- Continuous; varying continuously.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the motion characteristic of fluids (liquids or gases)
- adj. designed or arranged to offer the least resistant to fluid flow
Sorry, no etymologies found.