from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or being a modifier, especially a participle or participial phrase, that grammatically modifies the subject of its sentence but semantically modifies another element of the sentence or an unstated referent, as approaching Dallas in the sentence Approaching Dallas, the skyline came into view. See Usage Note at participle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. suspended from above
- n. the act of hanging something from above such that it can move freely; suspension
- v. Present participle of dangle.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of suspending something (hanging it from above so it moves freely)
Sorry, no etymologies found.