from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being pendent; suspension
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being pendent or suspended.
- n. The quality or state of being undecided, or in continuance; suspense.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being suspended; an impending or hanging. The state of being undecided or in continuance: as, to wait during the pendency of a suit or petition.
- n. The state of being impending or threatening.
Sorry, no etymologies found.