from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act, process, or art of fishing with a hook and line and usually a rod.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of angle.
- n. a form of fishing, with a rod, line and angle (hook) for recreation or sport
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of one who angles; the art of fishing with rod and line.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or art of fishing with a rod and line; rod-fishing.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. fishing with a hook and line (and usually a pole)
Sorry, no etymologies found.