from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Caused to stop for a while; interrupted or delayed.
- adj. Hung from above.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of suspend.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Hung from something: as, a suspended ornament.
- Interrupted; delayed; undecided.
- In botany, hanging directly downward; hanging from the apex of a cell, as many seeds.
- In entomology, attached in a pendent position by the posterior end, as the chrysalids of many butterflies. Also adherent. See Suspensi, 2.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of undissolved particles in a fluid) supported or kept from sinking or falling by buoyancy and without apparent attachment
Sorry, no etymologies found.