from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Characterized by jerks or jerking: a jerky train ride.
- adj. Slang Foolish; silly: jerky ideas about saving money.
- n. Meat cured by jerking. Also called charqui.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Characterized by physical jerking.
- n. Lean meat cured and preserved by cutting into thin strips and air-drying in the sun.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Moving by jerks and starts; characterized by abrupt transitions
- adj. Foolish; ridiculous; stupid.
- n. Meat, especially beef, that has been cut in strips and dried; meat that has been jerked; see first jerk, v.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of a jerking character; acting by jerks; spasmodic; capricious; impatient.
- n. See the extract.
- n. See jerk.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. lacking a steady rhythm
- n. meat (especially beef) cut in strips and dried in the sun
- adj. marked by abrupt transitions
- adj. having or revealing stupidity
Alteration of charqui.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Quechuan charqui ("sun-dried or air-dried strips of meat") (Wiktionary)