from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. South African Narrow strips of meat dried in the sun.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A South African food categorized by strips of lean meat cured by salting and drying. Similar to American beef jerky.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Lean meat cut into strips and sun-dried.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A South African name for lean meat cut into thin strips and dried in the sun.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. meat that is salted and cut into strips and dried in the sun
Afrikaans : bil, buttock (from Middle Dutch bille; see bhel-2 in Indo-European roots) + tong, tongue (from Middle Dutch tonghe; see dn̥ghū- in Indo-European roots).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Afrikaans, from bil (“buttock, hindquarter”), from Middle Dutch bille, + tong (“tongue”), from Middle Dutch tonghe. (Wiktionary)