from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not equal, as in size, length, or quality.
- adj. Having ill-matched opponents: an uneven contest.
- adj. Not consistent or uniform: an uneven color.
- adj. Not smooth or level: the uneven surface of a cobblestone road. See Synonyms at rough.
- adj. Not straight or parallel: uneven margins.
- adj. Of, relating to, or being an odd number.
- adj. Obsolete Not fair or equitable.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not even
- adj. Not level or smooth
- adj. Not uniform
- adj. Varying in quality
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not even; not level; not uniform; rough.
- adj. Not equal; not of equal length.
- adj. Not divisible by two without a remainder; odd; -- said of numbers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not even.
- Not perfectly horizontal or level, as the beam of a scale; not at the same height or on the same plane; hence, not fair, just, or true.
- In arithmetic, odd; not divisible by 2 without a remainder: as, 3, 5, 7, etc., are uneven numbers.
- Ill-matched; unsuitable; ill-assorted.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. variable and recurring at irregular intervals
- adj. lacking consistency
- adj. (of a contest or contestants) not fairly matched as opponents
- adj. not divisible by two
- adj. not even or uniform as e.g. in shape or texture
Old English unefen, from un- + even. (Wiktionary)