from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Containing a fault or defect; imperfect or defective.
- adj. Obsolete Deserving of blame; guilty.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having or displaying faults; not perfect; not adequate or acceptable.
- adj. At fault, to blame; guilty.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Containing faults, blemishes, or defects; imperfect; not fit for the use intended.
- adj. Guilty of a fault, or of faults; hence, blamable; worthy of censure.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Containing faults, errors, blemishes, or defects; defective; imperfect: as, a faulty composition; a faulty plan or design.
- Guilty of a fault or of faults; hence, to be blamed; deserving of or provoking censure.
- Synonyms Incomplete. Culpable, reprehensible, censurable, blameworthy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. characterized by errors; not agreeing with a model or not following established rules
- adj. having a defect
fault + -y (Wiktionary)