from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Deceptive or tending to deceive.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. misleading, likely or attempting to deceive
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Tending to deceive; having power to mislead, or impress with false opinions.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Tending to deceive; apt or having power to mislead or impress false opinions: as, a deceptive countenance or appearance.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. designed to deceive or mislead either deliberately or inadvertently
- adj. causing one to believe what is not true or fail to believe what is true
Sorry, no etymologies found.