American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Engaging in fraud; deceitful.
- adj. Characterized by, constituting, or gained by fraud: fraudulent business practices.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Involving or characterized by fraud; proceeding from or founded on fraud; deceitful: as, a fraudulent bargain.
- Planning or using fraud; given to the practice of fraud.
- Synonyms Deceitful, etc. (see deceptive); dishonest, designing, unfair, knavish, guileful.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Using fraud; tricky; deceitful; dishonest.
- adj. Characterized by, founded on, or proceeding from, fraud.
- adj. Obtained or performed by artifice.
- adj. intended to deceive
- From Old French, from Latin fraudulentus, from fraus. (Wiktionary)
- Middle English, from Old French, from Latin fraudulentus, from fraus, fraud-, deceit. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Sheehan said the term fraudulent conveyance is a technical one used when a person filing bankruptcy tries to hide assets that could be used to pay creditors.”
“About 10,000 protesters, mostly students, held a protest in Chisinau on Monday again what they called fraudulent elections.”
“Crowds fill the streets, protesting what they call a fraudulent election.”
“The federal regulators said the company engaged in what it called fraudulent accounting practices from 2002 to 2007, including improper use of "bill-and-hold" accounting; improper recognition of revenue on a lease agreement subject to an undisclosed buy-back agreement; manipulating reserves and accruals; improperly delaying and capitalizing expenses, and improperly writing up the value of used inventory.”
“Since disputed elections on June 12, Iran has been thrown into a political crisis as protesters - who at their peak numbered hundreds of thousands in the weeks after the vote - took to the streets to challenge what they called the fraudulent reelection of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.”
“Palin attorney Thomas Van Flein on Saturday warned legal action may be taken against bloggers and publications that reprint what he calls fraudulent claims. snip several websites, most notably liberal Alaska blogger Shannyn Moore, are now claiming as”
“But Palin attorney Thomas Van Flein on Saturday warned legal action may be taken against bloggers and publications that reprint what he calls fraudulent claims.”
“Later in the day the Governor's attorney Thomas Van Flein on warned legal action may be taken against bloggers and publications that reprint what he calls fraudulent claims.”
“Thomas Van Flein on Saturday warned legal action may be taken against bloggers and publications that reprint what he calls fraudulent claims.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘fraudulent’.
A complete Barron's Wordlist for GRE preparation. Your online flashcard replacement.
A combined list of
1. EU Buzz - single words
2. EU Buzz - collocations
3. EU Buzz - the 100 most active
absorption capacity, absorption rate, acceding country, accession candidate, accession countries, accession country, accession criteria, accession cycle, accession negotia..., accession partner..., accession priorities, accession treaty and 2650 more...
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
This is Ghost List 2 ( the kind that go 'boo!' ) :P
( open list )
1. Strictly EU terms with special European meaning used only in the EU
2. Keywords central to the understanding of the EU (people working for the EU are usually able to give thematic...
words meaning bad or not real data
A list of 166 words that have appeared more than once on official SAT exams. Based on Gruber's SAT Word Master list.
because wordsmith is not a verb.
Looking for tweets for fraudulent.