from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Given to thieving.
- adj. Of, similar to, or characteristic of a thief; furtive.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having a tendency to steal
- adj. Having the manner of a thief; furtive
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Given to stealing; addicted to theft.
- adj. Like a thief; acting by stealth; sly; secret.
- adj. Partaking of the nature of theft; accomplished by stealing; dishonest.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Addicted to, concerned in, or characterized by thievery; pertaining in any manner to theft.
- Stealthy; furtive; secret; sly.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. given to thievery
Sorry, no etymologies found.