American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Not adhering to promises, obligations, or allegiances; disloyal. See Synonyms at faithless.
- adj. Not true or constant to one's sexual partner.
- adj. Not true to one's spouse; guilty of adultery.
- adj. Not justly representing or reflecting the original; inaccurate.
- adj. Obsolete Deficient in or lacking religious faith; unbelieving.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not faithful; not observant of promises, vows, allegiance, or duty.
- Not performing the proper duty or function.
- Not possessing faith; unbelieving; impious; infidel. Not trustworthy; inexact; not conforming to the letter and spirit: as, an unfaithful account; an unfaithful translation.
- Synonyms Faithless, etc. (see perfidious); derelict.
- adj. Not having religious faith
- adj. Not keeping good faith; disloyal; not faithful
- adj. Not honest or upright
- adj. Of a translation: incorrect
- adj. Adulterous
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Not faithful; not observant of promises, vows, allegiance, or duty; violating trust or confidence; treacherous; perfidious.
- adj. rare Not possessing faith; infidel.
- adj. having sexual relations with someone other than your husband or wife, or your boyfriend or girlfriend
- adj. not trustworthy
- adj. having the character of, or characteristic of, a traitor
- adj. not true to duty or obligation or promises
- From un- + faithful (Wiktionary)
“Of course the term unfaithful isn't quite accurate.”
“This, however, should be said for the negroes in such a case: they call their unfaithful treasurer "a thief," they do not say "defaulter.”
“We don't like politicians who have been unfaithful, and the last few years have brought a spate of them: Schwarzenegger, Sanford, Edwards, Spitzer, Craig, Giuliani, McGreevey and, depending on your definition of unfaithful, Weiner.”
“Through the declaration, loyalists of al Shabaab could kill a murtad (a person classified as unfaithful) on sight.”
“But for those who subscribe to Robertson's theodicy - imbued with violent apocalyptic images and cryptic messages of a God who must punish the "unfaithful" - this disaster is a deserved suffering Haiti is experiencing; and therefore, for Haiti to wash away its sins of the past, this disaster is an act of redemptive suffering.”
“We were called unfaithful for not naturalizing ourselves, when naturalization means only that we should give up our original citizenship and get nothing in return, and become subject to disabilities.”
“Words of amazement from the Mother of God to the bride, and about five houses in the world whose inhabitants represent five states of people, namely unfaithful Christians, obstinate Jews and pagans separately, Jews and Pagans together, and the friends of God.”
“Words of amazement from the Mother of God to the bride, and about five houses in the world whose inhabitants represent five states of people, namely unfaithful Christians, obstinate”
“When Imeneo, who insists that Rosmene is ungrateful, and Tirinto, who calls her unfaithful, tell her to decide who she will marry, she feigns a nervous breakdown in front of the characters.”
“If the concern is that "the faithful" will in fact be unfaithful, that is a problem for the churches to address.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘unfaithful’.
Unabashedly stolen from a comment made by courier12.
There's a jar I've been adding movie ticket stubs to since about age twelve. I am pleased to have a more accessible way of keeping track of the movies I've seen. Even if some are pretty embarrassin...
dedicated to my man Steven, without whom i would be addicted to drugs, lying in a gutter, hating myself, or hooking somewhere :)
Looking for tweets for unfaithful.