Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Failing or refusing to conform; specifically, refusing to comply with the requisitions of the Act of Uniformity, or to conform to the forms and regulations of the Church of England. See nonconformist.
- adj. That does not conform, either to the rules of an established church, or to official regulations
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Not conforming; declining conformity; especially, not conforming to the established church of a country.
- adj. not conforming to established customs or doctrines especially in religion
- non- + conforming (Wiktionary)
“-- Converting jumbo to non-jumbo: Another consequence of the financial crisis has been to increase the price difference between standard conforming loans that can be purchased by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, which cannot exceed $417,000, and loans that exceed that amount, called nonconforming jumbos.”
“Investors are balking at buying securities backed by so-called nonconforming loans.”
“Most jumbo mortgages, also known as nonconforming mortgages, require at least 20 percent down and a credit score of 720 or more.”
“Also called a nonconforming I'll move before I pay the prices they're asking down here.”
“In order to enforce the ordinance uniformly, the city would have to figure out which ones are nonconforming, meaning they were already in place and therefore "grandfathered in" in 1998 when the new ordinance was implemented.”
“Both the Lighthouse Lounge and Northern X-posure have been considered "nonconforming" since 2000, when the city enacted distance requirements to separate sexually oriented businesses from parks, libraries, churches, schools, and shopping areas.”
“This includes a reference to standard operating procedures related to wildlife that have yet to be written and provisions on "nonconforming" wells.”
“nonconforming" ministers by conferring new powers in 1583 on the”
“nonconforming," but those books must still contain at least 50 percent of the adopted curriculum.”
“In fact, this completely contradicts the Journal's own reporting on June 25, "Tighter Lending Crimps Housing," describing the current struggle of home buyers unable to obtain nonconforming loans with credit scores over 800, no debt, and who are willing to put 50% down.”
Looking for tweets for nonconforming.