from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not obedient.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Neglecting or refusing to obey; omitting to do what is commanded, or doing what is prohibited; refractory; not observant of duty or rules prescribed by authority; -- applied to persons and acts.
- adj. Not yielding.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Neglecting or refusing to obey; omitting to do what is commanded, or doing what is prohibited; refractory; acting with disregard of duty; not submitting to rules or regulations prescribed by authority: as, children disobedient to parents; citizens disobedient to the laws.
- Not yielding to exciting force or agency; not to be influenced; insensible.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. unwilling to submit to authority
- adj. not obeying or complying with commands of those in authority
dis- + obedient (Wiktionary)