from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Defying.
- adj. Boldly resisting opposition.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Full of defiance; bold; insolent.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Characterized by defiance, or bold opposition or antagonism; challenging.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. boldly resisting authority or an opposing force
French défiant, from the verb défier (Wiktionary)