from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Impertinent or disrespectful.
- adj. Impertinent in an entertaining way; impossible to repress or control.
- adj. Piquant; pert: a saucy red bow tie.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Similar to sauce; having the consistency or texture of sauce.
- adj. Impertinent or disrespectful, often in a way that is regarded as entertaining or amusing; smart.
- adj. Impudently bold; pert; piquant.
- adj. Mildly erotic.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Showing impertinent boldness or pertness; transgressing the rules of decorum; treating superiors with contempt; impudent; insolent.
- adj. Expressive of, or characterized by, impudence; impertinent.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Full of sauce or impertinence; flippantly bold or impudent in speech or conduct; impertinent; characterized by offensive lightness or disrespect in addressing, treating, or speaking of superiors or elders; impudent; pert.
- Characterized by or expressive of pertness or impudence.
- Presuming; overbearing.
- Wanton; prurient; impure.
- Synonyms and See impudence.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. improperly forward or bold
- adj. characterized by a lightly pert and exuberant quality
From sauce. (Wiktionary)