from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Mocking; jeering.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Expressing or characterized by derision; mocking; ridiculing.
- adj. Deserving or provoking derision or ridicule.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Expressing, serving for, or characterized by, derision.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Expressing or characterized by derision; mocking; ridiculing.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. abusing vocally; expressing contempt or ridicule
From the participle stem of Latin dērīdeō ("I deride"). (Wiktionary)