from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Suggesting puzzlement; questioning.
- adj. Teasing; mocking: "His face wore a somewhat quizzical almost impertinent air” ( Lawrence Durrell).
- adj. Eccentric; odd.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Questioning or suggesting puzzlement.
- adj. Strange or eccentric.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Relating to quizzing; given to quizzing; of the nature of a quiz; farcical; sportive.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Characteristic of a quiz; bantering; teasing; shy; queer: as, a quizzical look or remark.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. perplexed (as if being expected to know something that you do not know)
- adj. playfully vexing (especially by ridicule)
Sorry, no etymologies found.