from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The action of asking questions; a survey; an inquiry.
- n. The act of challenging, wondering and doubting.
- adj. Characterized by questions, inquisitiveness, doubt or wonder.
- v. Present participle of question.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of interrogating; a query.
- n. Doubt; suspicion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. marked by or given to doubt
- adj. perplexed (as if being expected to know something that you do not know)
- adj. showing curiosity
- n. a request for information
Sorry, no etymologies found.