from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A question; an inquiry.
- n. A doubt in the mind; a mental reservation.
- n. A notation, usually a question mark, calling attention to an item in order to question its validity or accuracy.
- transitive v. To express doubt or uncertainty about; question: query someone's motives.
- transitive v. To put a question to (a person). See Synonyms at ask.
- transitive v. To mark (an item) with a notation in order to question its validity or accuracy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A question or inquiry.
- n. A question mark.
- n. A set of instructions passed to a database.
- v. To ask, inquire.
- v. To ask a question.
- v. To question or call into doubt.
- v. To pass a query to a database to retrieve information.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A question; an inquiry to be answered or solved.
- n. A question in the mind; a doubt.
- n. An interrogation point [?] as the sign of a question or a doubt.
- intransitive v. To ask questions; to make inquiry.
- intransitive v. To have a doubt.
- transitive v. To put questions about; to elicit by questioning; to inquire into
- transitive v. To address questions to; to examine by questions.
- transitive v. To doubt of; to regard with incredulity.
- transitive v. To write “ query” (qu., qy., or ?) against, as a doubtful spelling, or sense, in a proof. See Quære.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To put a query; ask a question or questions; express doubt.
- To mark with a query; express a desire to examine as to the truth of.
- To seek by questioning; inquire or ask: as, to query the sum or amount; to query the motive or the fact.
- To examine by questions; address queries to: as, to query a person.
- n. A question; an inquiry to be answered or resolved; specifically, a doubt or challenge, as of a written or printed statement, represented by the interrogation-point (?), or by an abbreviation, q., qy., or qu., or by both.
- n. Synonyms Inquiry, Interrogation, etc. See question.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an instance of questioning
- v. pose a question
# Make up a simple query my $query = new Unit:: Request ( "");
You do this by sending the straight text through PHP either through a variable or through the mysql_query command directly, like this: $query = "SELECT * from TABLE"; $results = mysql_query ($query); You can also do it like this: $results = mysql_query ( "SELECT * from TABLE"); The results of your query are then put into a temporary array known as $results, which you'll learn more about later.
Next you plan out your query and assign it to the $query variable.
$Vm = gwmi - namespace root\virtualization - query $query - computername $HyperVServer
$Kvp = gwmi - namespace root\virtualization - query $query - computername $HyperVServer Write-Host "Guest KVP information for"
$result = $db - > query ($query); if ($result) echo $db - > affected_rows. 'student inserted into the database.'
$result = mysql_query ($query) or die ( "Couldn't execute query"); while ($row = mysql_fetch_array ($result)) $indexx = $row [ "indexx"];
= mysql_query ($query) or die ( "Couldn't execute query"); while ($row = mysql_fetch_array ($result)) $indexx = $row [ "indexx"];
$forum_db-query_build ($query) or error (__FILE__, __LINE__);
\''. $forum_user [ 'ident']. '\ '': 'id ='. $forum_user [ 'id'] $result = $forum_db-query_build ($query) or error (__FILE__, __LINE__); list ($question_id) = $forum_db-fetch_row ($result);
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.