from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To question closely; cross-examine.
- n. A question asked during cross-examination.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a question performed during a cross-examination
- v. to subject to close questioning.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To cross-examine; to subject to close questioning.
- n. a question asked in cross-examination.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To question minutely or repeatedly; put the same questions to in varied forms; cross-examine.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. question closely, or question a witness that has already been questioned by the opposing side
- n. a question asked in cross-examination
Sorry, no etymologies found.