from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Filled with confusion or bewilderment; puzzled.
- adj. Full of complications or difficulty; involved.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Confused or puzzled.
- adj. Bewildered.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of perplex.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Entangled, involved, or confused; hence, embarrassd; puzzled; doubtful; anxious.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. full of difficulty or confusion or bewilderment
Middle English, from perplex, confused, from Old French perplexe, from Latin perplexus : per-, per- + plexus, past participle of plectere, to entwine; see plek- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)