from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having numerous overlapping coils or folds: a convoluted seashell.
- adj. Intricate; complicated: convoluted legal language; convoluted reasoning.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having numerous overlapping coils or folds.
- adj. Complex, intricate or complicated.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having convolutions.
- adj. Folded in tortuous windings.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as convolute.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. highly complex or intricate and occasionally devious
- adj. rolled longitudinally upon itself
Sorry, no etymologies found.