American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. To roll together; coil up.
- v. To form convolutions.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To roll or wind together; roll or twist (one part or thing) on another.
- v. mathematics To form the convolution of something with something else
- v. computing To compute the convolution function
GNU Webster's 1913
- v. To roll or wind together; to roll or twist one part on another.
- v. curl, wind, or twist together
- From Latin convolvere, present active infinitive of convolvō ("roll together"), from con ("together") + volvō ("roll"); see voluble, volute, and compare involve, evolve, revolve. (Wiktionary)
- Latin convolvere : com-, com- + volvere, to roll; see wel-2 in Indo-European roots. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“They in turn must not convolve the agenda with festering sores.”
“Of course, it was distorted because NPJLSB had astigmatism, so then I used some kind of computer with clear screens and a virtual headset to de-convolve the image over 23 hours of super -computing time Ok, so I shut down the large Haydron accelerator, but this was important.”
“The brain of the prizefighter does not convolve: he relies more on his "jabs" than on thoughts that burn”
“Its tortured waters would writhe and convolve into huge ridges of foam, as if a new ocean were struggling for birth beneath the laboring surface.”
“The whirlwinds wheel above, the floods convolve below.”
“◦ After all rows have been transformed, convolve each column of the result with h0 [n] and h1 [n]”
“This could cause wrong results for - convolve, - blur, - sharpen, and other algorithms which use these functions.”
“Added convolve kernel scaling setting "- set option: convolve: scale N" If undefined morphology convolve does not do any scaling or normalization of the convolution kernel.”
“I have written a modifed convolve operator that can use an ROI so it's really just a hack of the existing image op my advice about code from JAI is use it as a template the license is too messy to reuse that code for imageio you can reuse it, but that's another story .... anyway”
“Important: In order to convolve audio in real time, Space Designer must first calculate any parameter adjustments to the impulse response.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘convolve’.
Words taken from Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace.
Verbs meaning wind or coil
Looking for tweets for convolve.