from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Characterized by many curves or turns; winding: a sinuous stream.
- adj. Characterized by supple and lithe movements: the sinuous grace of a dancer.
- adj. Not direct; devious.
- adj. Sinuate: a sinuous leaf.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having curves in alternate directions; meandering.
- adj. Moving gracefully and supplely.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Bending in and out; of a serpentine or undulating form; winding; crooked.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Sinuate; tortuous; serpentine; full of curves, bends, or turns; undulating.
- Morally crooked; deviating from right.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. curved or curving in and out
From Latin sinuōsus, from sinus, curve.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)