American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of or belonging to the family Felidae, which includes the lions, tigers, jaguars, and wild and domestic cats; felid.
- adj. Suggestive of a cat, as in suppleness or stealthiness.
- n. An animal of the family Felidae.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Catlike in form or structure, as an animal; of or pertaining to the Felidæ, Felinæ, or genus Felis; typically æluroid.
- Pertaining to or characteristic of animals of the cat tribe; cat-like in character or quality; resembling a cat in any respect: often applied to persons: as, feline softness of step; feline stealthiness, cruelty, or treachery.
- n. One of the Felidæ or Felinæ; a feline or cat-like animal; in popular use, a domestic cat.
- adj. Of, or pertaining to, the cat.
- adj. catlike (resembling a cat)
- n. A cat; member of the cat family Felidae.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Zoöl.) Catlike; of or pertaining to the genus Felis, or family
- adj. Characteristic of cats; sly; stealthy; treacherous.
- n. any of various lithe-bodied roundheaded fissiped mammals, many with retractile claws
- adj. of or relating to cats
- Substantive use of the adjective feline, from Latin felinus (Wiktionary)
- Latin fēlīnus or Late Latin fēlīneus, both from Latin fēlēs, cat. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo, starring Robin Williams as the title feline narrator.”
“Krazy Kat's" cast of characters includes the title feline, who is in love with Ignatz Mouse, and Offisa Pupp, a protective police dog.”
“The term feline is then searched and different search terms are then showed which gives them more alternatives.”
“In other words, there's little evidence that the feline is anything more than a very large (feral?) domestic cat.”
“Walter Cook, Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency captive wildlife coordinator, said the feline is a caracal, not a cougar." ...”
“Mood index: didn't we do this 4 years ago? mainly in the fact that, this morning, the feline is actually looking for the visiting calico.”
“Premiering the new Dreamworks animated adventure on a cruise ship, Hayek, who plays co-adventurer Kitty Softpaws, and Antonio Banderas, the voice of the title feline, held court in front of a captive audience of "Shrek" spinoff enthusiasts.”
“From my crash course in feline hyperthyroidism on Sunday night, cats are then in isolation for two weeks.”
“Maybe there is a job for him in feline Pesematology!”
“Jaylee: your story of your "high velocity feline" is so funny (oh, our poor animals who get stuck in our inventions: chairs, bags, and the rest!)”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘feline’.
A complete Barron's Wordlist for GRE preparation. Your online flashcard replacement.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
favorites, of all sorts
Meow! Roar! My favorite animals! words about cats.
Do any of your friends eat like a pig? Sly like a fox? Fast as a cheetah? Maybe these words describe them better
Mere days ago, I found a five-week-old kitten abandoned in the median of the Avenue we live on. She was in terrible shape, but is doing great now thanks to love and dedication.
if you're a cat freak like i am - then this is the list for you
A jumble of words, sometimes contradictory, that add up to me. I'll probably be adding to this list for some time, because I'm a very complex individual. ;P
The present, the future. Goals, wishes, hopes.
Looking for tweets for feline.