from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or belonging to the family Felidae, which includes the lions, tigers, jaguars, and wild and domestic cats; felid.
- adj. Suggestive of a cat, as in suppleness or stealthiness.
- n. An animal of the family Felidae.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, or pertaining to, the cat.
- adj. catlike (resembling a cat)
- n. A cat; member of the cat family Felidae.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Catlike; of or pertaining to the genus Felis, or family Felidæ
- adj. Characteristic of cats; sly; stealthy; treacherous
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Catlike in form or structure, as an animal; of or pertaining to the Felidæ, Felinæ, or genus Felis; typically æluroid.
- Pertaining to or characteristic of animals of the cat tribe; cat-like in character or quality; resembling a cat in any respect: often applied to persons: as, feline softness of step; feline stealthiness, cruelty, or treachery.
- n. One of the Felidæ or Felinæ; a feline or cat-like animal; in popular use, a domestic cat.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of various lithe-bodied roundheaded fissiped mammals, many with retractile claws
- adj. of or relating to cats
Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo, starring Robin Williams as the title feline narrator.
"Krazy Kat's" cast of characters includes the title feline, who is in love with Ignatz Mouse, and Offisa Pupp, a protective police dog.
The term feline is then searched and different search terms are then showed which gives them more alternatives.
In other words, there's little evidence that the feline is anything more than a very large (feral?) domestic cat.
"Walter Cook, Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency captive wildlife coordinator, said the feline is a caracal, not a cougar." ...
Mood index: didn't we do this 4 years ago? mainly in the fact that, this morning, the feline is actually looking for the visiting calico.
Premiering the new Dreamworks animated adventure on a cruise ship, Hayek, who plays co-adventurer Kitty Softpaws, and Antonio Banderas, the voice of the title feline, held court in front of a captive audience of "Shrek" spinoff enthusiasts.
From my crash course in feline hyperthyroidism on Sunday night, cats are then in isolation for two weeks.
Maybe there is a job for him in feline Pesematology!
Jaylee: your story of your "high velocity feline" is so funny (oh, our poor animals who get stuck in our inventions: chairs, bags, and the rest!)
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.