from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or using tactics.
- adj. Of, relating to, used in, or involving military or naval operations that are smaller, closer to base, and of less long-term significance than strategic operations.
- adj. Carried out in support of military or naval operations: tactical bombing.
- adj. Characterized by adroitness, ingenuity, or skill.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, or relating to tactics
- adj. of, or relating to military operations that are smaller or more local than strategic ones
- adj. adroit, skilful or ingenious
- adj. having a military appearance, typically with a bipod, adjustable stock, and a detachable magazine.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining or relating to tactics; connected with the art or practice of conducting hostile operations: as, tactical combinations.
- Characterized by adroit planning or management; artfully directed; manœuvering: as, tactical efforts or movements in politics.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or pertaining to tactic or tactics
Sorry, no etymologies found.