from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Shaped or fashioned in a particular way.
- adj. Decorated with a design; patterned: "My dress is richly figured” ( Amy Lowell).
- adj. Represented, as in graphic art or sculpture; depicted.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of figure.
- adj. Having a pattern considered attractive appearing on a section.
- adj. Adorned with a figure or figures.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Adorned with figures; marked with figures.
- adj. Not literal; figurative.
- adj. Free and florid. See Figurate, 3.
- adj. Indicated or noted by figures.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Depicted; represented by figures.
- Adorned with figures: said of any manufactured articles, but especially of those which are intended for surface-decoration or which themselves are decorated superficially: as, figured silk; figured muslin; a figured wall-paper.
- In music, same as figurate, 3.
- In heraldry, bearing the human face or features; indicating the face as a roundel, especially the sun or moon.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of e.g. fabric design) adorned with patterns
From figure + -ed. (Wiktionary)