from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Containing or characterized by indirect references: an allusive speech.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Containing or making use of indirect references or hints.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Figurative; symbolical.
- adj. Having reference to something not fully expressed; containing an allusion.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having reference to something not fully expressed; containing, full of, or characterized by allusions.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. characterized by indirect references
Sorry, no etymologies found.