from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. based on hypothesis or theory; hypothetical
- adj. existing as an abstract concept rather than a concrete reality
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Characterized by, or of the nature of, an hypothesis; conditional; assumed without proof, for the purpose of reasoning and deducing proof, or of accounting for some fact or phenomenon.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Founded on or characterized by a hypothesis; supposititious; conjectural.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. based primarily on surmise rather than adequate evidence
Sorry, no etymologies found.