from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Somewhat sharp or acid in character: subacid remarks.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Somewhat acidic.
- n. Any substance that is moderately acid.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Moderately acid or sour.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Moderately acid or sour: as, a subacid juice.
- Hence, noting words or a temperament verging on acidity or somewhat biting.
- n. A substance moderately acid.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. slightly sour to the taste
sub- + acid (Wiktionary)