from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A flavored and sweetened milk pudding thickened with cornstarch.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A simple dessert made by cooking sweetened milk with cornstarch and vanilla
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A preparation for desserts, etc., made from isinglass, sea moss, cornstarch, or other gelatinous or starchy substance, with mild, usually sweetened and flavored, and shaped in a mold.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In cookery, a name of different preparations of the consistency of jelly, variously composed of dissolved isinglass, arrowroot, corn-starch, etc., with milk and flavoring substances.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. sweet almond-flavored milk pudding thickened with gelatin or cornstarch; usually molded
Middle English blankmanger, a dish made with almond milk, from Old French blanc mangier : blanc, white (of Germanic origin; see bhel-1 in Indo-European roots) + mangier, to eat, food (from Latin manducāre; see manger).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Old French: blanc mangier (white food) (Wiktionary)