from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or made with wine.
- adj. Affected or caused by the consumption of wine.
- adj. Having the color of wine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to or having the characteristics of wine.
- adj. Tending to drink wine excessively.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to wine; having the qualities of wine.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the qualities of wine: as, a vinous flavor; pertaining to wine or its manufacture.
- In zoology, wine-colored; vinaceous.
- Caused by wine.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to wine
Latin vīnōsus, from vīnum, wine.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin vinosus, from vīnum ("wine"). (Wiktionary)