from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or derived from milk.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, relating to, or derived from milk
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to milk; procured from sour milk or whey
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to milk; procured from milk, or from something of a similar character.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or obtained from milk (especially sour milk or whey)
From Latin lactis ("of milk"), genitive form of lac ("milk"). (Wiktionary)