from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An expedient for achieving a goal; a maneuver.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A manoeuvre, or action calculated to achieve some end.
- adj. Describing a polymer whose repeat units are identical
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to military or naval tactics; hence, pertaining to, or characterized by, planning or maneuvering for the short term; -- contrasted with
strategic, planning for the long term.
- n. See tactics.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the motions of organisms in relation to external agents; exhibiting taxis.
- Same as tactical.
- n. A tactical system or method; the use or practice of tactics.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a plan for attaining a particular goal
French tactique, tactics, from Greek taktika; see tactics.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)