from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Money made dishonestly, as in a swindle.
- n. A swindle or confidence game.
- intransitive v. To engage in swindling or cheating.
- transitive v. To obtain by swindling or cheating.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a confidence game or swindle.
- v. To obtain illegally, as by con game.
- v. To obtain money illegally.
Perhaps alteration of graft2.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
This definition is lacking an etymology or has an incomplete etymology. You can help Wiktionary by giving it a proper etymology. (Wiktionary)