from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Tactile.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, or relating to the sense of touch; tactile.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the sense, or the organs, of touch; derived from touch.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Communicating or imparting the sense of touch; giving rise to the feeling of contact or impingement.
- Arising from or due to touch; impressed or communicated by contact or impingement; relating to or originating in touch.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. producing a sensation of touch
- adj. of or relating to or proceeding from the sense of touch
Latin tāctus, touch; see tact + -al1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)