from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to a galaxy, especially the Milky Way.
- adj. Of enormous size; immense.
- adj. Of, relating to, or causing the secretion of milk.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to milk, or the secretion of milk.
- adj. Relating to a galaxy.
- adj. Enormous (in size or impact).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to milk; got from milk.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the galaxy or Milky Way.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to milk; obtained from milk; lactic.
- In astronomy, pertaining to the Galaxy or Milky Way.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. inconceivably large
- adj. of or relating to a galaxy (especially our galaxy the Milky Way)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
This method of using the chemical composition, age and mass of stars to unravel the history of the galaxy is sometimes called galactic archaeology and instruments like the E-ELT would lead the way in such research.
There is little evidence for a connection between solar activity (as inferred from trends in galactic cosmic rays) and recent global warming.
Their lives mix and intertwine throughout the following years to a climax that rivals anything by Stephen Baxter in galactic scope.
Dreadstar Vol. 1 TPB - This reprint of Jim Starlin's 80's ouvre collects the first few issues of the series (and not the Metamorphosis Odyssey that resulted in galactic genocide) that persuaded me that scifi wasn't so bad.
Your a Republic soldier caught up in galactic intrigue on a grand scale - and the game really brings you into this.
Quasars are extremely bright, remote objects that are often referred to as a "galactic nucleus" and emit incredible amounts of energy.
To date, the overall magnitude of taxpayer resources pledged to financial market rescue can only be described as "galactic" -- $7 trillion to $8 trillion in capital infusions, low-interest loans and federal guarantees.
USS defiant (1) uss voyager (1) vader (2) vestas (1) video game (1) video games (8) viper (1) virgin galactic (1)
When that task was completed, what Jeff termed his galactic peregrination began.
Some five hundred light years from us, for instance, we know of something that you might describe as a galactic headquarters, although that is a human and therefore an imprecise interpretation of what it really is.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.