from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having many mountains.
- adj. Resembling a mountain in size; huge: mountainous waves.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having many mountains; rough (terrain); rocky.
- adj. Resembling a mountain, especially in size.
- adj. Very difficult.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Full of, or containing, mountains.
- adj. Inhabiting mountains.
- adj. Large as, or resembling, a mountain; huge; of great bulk.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Abounding in mountains: as, the mountainous country of the Swiss.
- Large as a mountain; huge; towering.
- Inhabiting mountains; barbarous.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. like a mountain in size and impressiveness
- adj. having hills and crags
- adj. containing many mountains
Sorry, no etymologies found.