from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Displaying no hospitality; unfriendly.
- adj. Unfavorable to life or growth; hostile: the barren, inhospitable desert.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not inclined to hospitality; unfriendly,
- adj. Not offering shelter; barren or forbidding.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not hospitable; not disposed to show hospitality to strangers or guests.
- adj. Affording no shelter or sustenance; barren; desert; bleak; cheerless; wild.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not hospitable; indisposed to exercise hospitality; unfavorable or inimical to visitors; not affording accommodation or shelter: as, an inhospitable tribe; inhospitable wilds.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not hospitable
- adj. unfavorable to life or growth
in- + hospitable. (Wiktionary)