from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not running on tracks or rails.
- adj. Unmarked by trails or paths.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. not running on tracks
- adj. not having tracks or paths; untrodden
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having no track; marked by no footsteps; untrodden.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Untrodden; without path or track; unmarked by footprints or paths: as, trackless deserts.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. lacking pathways
- adj. having no tracks
He was familiar with every route in miles, whether roadway, trail, or "course by compass," as he termed trackless cruising in the desert.
The knowledge of them and of other cognate facts enables man in these days to map out the so-called trackless ocean into districts, and follow its well-known highways with precision and comparative safety.
He knows that the way on which he is about to enter is "trackless;" but so is the bird's: God will guide him as He guides the bird.
• Give druids the choice to either channel positive energy (as the cleric class feature) or to gain wild empathy, and perhaps a few other class features as they gain levels (such as trackless step).
At last the king realized in shame that his fleet must have been lost somewhere along the trackless shore of the southern sea.
At a moment's notice, with scarcely any provisions, he undertook a near-suicidal flight across the trackless Himalayas.
In moments, where there had been only trackless desert, there was now a gigantic sanctuary.
He knew firsthand the trackless wilderness he was trying to cut through, but he never considered how hard that would be.
Braddock had brought his plan of campaign from London, where it had been concocted by men who did not know that America was a nearly trackless wilderness devoid of subsistence for the troops.
Indiana Jones goes into the trackless deserts and thick, dangerous jungles.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.