from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not disposed to seek the company of others; reserved.
- adj. Not congenial; incompatible.
- adj. Not conducive to social exchange: an unsociable atmosphere.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. not needing the company of others
- adj. not congenial or compatible
- adj. unfriendly
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not sociable; not inclined to society; averse to companionship or conversation; solitary; reserved.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not sociable, in any sense.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not inclined to society or companionship
un- + sociable (Wiktionary)