from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not compatible or sympathetic, as in character.
- adj. Not appropriate; unsuitable.
- adj. Not pleasing; disagreeable.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. not congenial, compatible or sympathetic
- adj. incapable of being grafted
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not congenial.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. very unfavorable to life or growth
- adj. not suitable to your tastes or needs
- adj. used of plant stock or scions; incapable of being grafted
Sorry, no etymologies found.