American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Arousing little or no interest or curiosity; boring.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not interesting; not capable of exciting interest, or of engaging the mind or passions: as, an uninteresting story or poem.
- Synonyms Dull, tiresome, tedious, wearisome.
- adj. arousing no interest or attention or curiosity or excitement
- adj. characteristic or suggestive of an institution especially in being uniform or dull or unimaginative
- From un- + interesting. (Wiktionary)
““May you live in uninteresting times” as the Chinese blessing has it.”
“An over-reliance on computer design software is weakening drawing skills among art students -- and resulting in uninteresting and uninspired work, according to college art professors.”
“Staudinger, Ziegler, Natta, and Flory are insulators, they were viewed as uninteresting from the point of view of electronic materials.”
“Unlike Mr Furedi I don’t think finding something uninteresting is the fault of the student, but of the subject and its champions.”
“When he's described as uninteresting, we have to agree.”
“And yes, I generally ignore the questions that I have no clue as to the answer, those I find ridiculous and repetitive, or just plain uninteresting.”
“His first try was completely uninteresting, which is the kiss of death, for an action film series.”
“These versions are Batman at his most uninteresting, which is a big reason among others why these movies were awful.”
“If it seems unreal and uninteresting, that is because it is formless, like the collective object it represents, while it lacks that sensuous intensity and movement which might have made the reality stimulating.”
“And you would think on the surface that it would be uninteresting, which is why, for example, it was a movie that took a long time to launch.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘uninteresting’.
fanfic slang, hacker jargon, Internet memes etc. that amuse me—mainly ones I might wish to incorporate as natural in my own writing
Looking for tweets for uninteresting.